Sunday, May 23, 2010

A Sad Day

IMGP1657_28 mm_1-15 sec

I dropped my Schneider Kreuznach Curtagon 28mm f/4 on the cement a few days ago. I figured it was fine besides the filter threads, but not so. I ran a resolution test of it today and noticed that it was strongly decentered.

I love some of these older lenses like this as they aren't necessarily large aperture, but they are better corrected than many current lenses. This old Curtagon has virtually no distortion, and very little CA and is fairly sharp.

Whoops! Don't drop your lenses...

Notice the blue on the right side of the image? That is really soft, around 800 LW/PH or less. It looks like a ghosted image or something and basically covers the entire right half of the frame.

A sad day, at least I don't have much invested in the lens.

Eric

No comments:

Post a Comment